Access to this review is normally restricted to NNFCC members, but you are invited to download this complimentary edition and share it with your colleagues.
This month we’re highlighting the results of two European INTERREG projects that are coming to an end, Bio Base NWE and EnAlgae.
The Bio Base NWE project had the aim of supporting the development of North-West Europe as a leading European region in the bio-based economy, resulting in sustainable growth, competitiveness in new economic sectors and creation of jobs based on the development of innovative, renewable materials and products. Over 30 business vouchers with a value between €10,000 and €30,000 were given out to companies in the region to help them scale up novel processes.
The EnAlgae project had the objective of developing sustainable technologies for algal biomass production, bioenergy and greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation, by developing and sharing data from nine pilot-scale facilities across North-West Europe. The main objective was to explore the potential for algal biomass to deliver sustainable energy and resources.
- The role of Bioeconomy in climate change mitigation
- Plastic bag charge introduced in England
- Biodegradable plastics market
- Research & Development
- Feedstock chemicals – bio-isoprene a step nearer?
- US Trends in Synthetic Biology Research Funding
- FP7 PLA InnoRex project launches
- DEINOVE produces muconic acid from 2G substrates and forges partnership with Tyton BioEnergy
- Butadiene (Synthetic and Bio-based) market for styrene butadiene rubber, butadiene rubber, styrene butadiene latex, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, adiponitrile and other applications
- Bio-Wax market: global industry analysis and opportunity assessment 2015 – 2025
- Second Corbion plant approved to produce L-Lactic Acid for biocidal products in Europe and acquisition of Lactic acid business of Malladi Specialities Limited
- Industrial enzymes market by type, application, brand and by Region – global trends and forecasts to 2020
- Biolubricants market worth $2,972.13 million by 2020
- Organic acids market: global industry analysis, size, share and forecast 2014
- Rivertop renewables introduces waterline family of products for water treatment applications
- Louis Dreyfus commodities to begin operating new glycerin refinery in Q4 2015
- First Brazil-based facility to be realised for producing PHAs bioplastic from sugar cane co-products.
- Edible water bottle to cause a splash at EU sustainability awards
- All-natural children’s health products packed in NatureFlex™
- BON EUROPE Bioplastics Organisation Network Europe
- MBI issued game-changing patent for AFEX technology
Source: NNFCC, 2015-10-19.