The “Global Wood Plastic Composites (WPC) Market – Segmented by Plastic Material, Application, and Geography – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 – 2023)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The wood plastic composite (WPC) market is expected to register a moderately high growth rate during the forecast period, 2018-2023.
Growing Use of Recyclable Materials in Automotive Production to Drive the Market
Automotive manufacturers are focusing on switching to recyclable or biodegradable parts and go for lightweight materials. This has increased the demand for wood plastic composites in the automotive industry.
WPCs are primarily used in automobiles for storage (trims in trunks, shelves for spare tires, etc.), interior door trims, etc. Furthermore, they are often used to replace metal or fiberglass components in automotive components.
With automotive production growing through the years, primarily in Asia-Pacific and Europe an region, the consumption of WPCs too will rise in the automotive industry through the forecast period.
According to analysis, automotive parts application is estimated to be the fastest growing segment through the forecast period, while building & construction is expected to dominate the global market owing to the vast application of wood plastic composite in decking.
- Polyethylene (PE) – The Majorly Used Plastic Material in the Industry
- North America – The Dominating Regional Wood Plastic Composites (WPC) Market
Notable Developments in the Market
- April 2018: Cali Bamboo, added a premier composite decking line, TruOrganics, to its outdoor product repertoire with all-new rail and post systems and fresh decking colors
- December 2017: CertainTeed Corp. launched a national rollout for a polyurethane composite siding
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary of Wood Plastic Composites Market
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
6. Wood Plastic Composites Market – Regional Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape of the Market
8. Company Profiles of the Market
- Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies Inc. (AERT)
- Axion International Inc.
- AZEK Building Products (Timbertech)
- Beologic N.V.
- Certainteed Corporation
- Fiberon LLC
- FKuR Kunststoff GmbH
- Polymera Inc.
- Polyplank AB
- Timbertech Ltd.
- Trex Company Inc.
- Universal Forest Products Inc.