With the slogan, “Plastics – made by nature!” FKuR Kunststoff GmbH opens a new US and Canadian office (FKuR Plastics Corp.) to provide bioplastics for extrusion, coextrusion, lamination, extrusion-coating, packaging and other applications.
In cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT of Oberhausen, Germany, FKuR has developed a wide range of biodegradable plastics primarily made from natural resource materials. Its product line includes:
- BIO-FLEX® – Biodegradable plastics for extrusion
- BIOGRADE® – Biodegradable plastics for injection molding
- FIBROLON® – Natural fibre reinforced plastics
Extrusion is the most commonly used processing technique for the production of thin films, sheet or profiles. Typical application areas for extruded products are:
- Packaging: any type of film, bags and sacks, fruit netting, blow-molded hollow parts, thermoformed blister packs, trays and cups, and laminations to paper.
- Hygienic products such as diaper back-sheet film
- Agricultural mulch film
The new office is located at
921 W New Hope Rd.,
Ste. 605, Cedar Park,
TX 78613, 512/971-3581,
Source: Converting magazine, 2010-01-14.