The interactive workshop will discuss the issue of industrial use of biomass at all levels: political frameworks and the food vs. non-food debate, environmental impacts, public perception and communication and the current and future biomass supply and demand.
Topics are among others:
- Myths and facts about food and non-food crops for industry
- A differentiated approach to finding the most suitable biomass for industry
- What will happen after the end of the sugar regime in 2017?
- Sustainability of food and non-food biomass
- How to shape good communication about the use of food-crops for chemicals and plastics between industry and the public?
- How is biomass supply and demand balanced today?
- What are the biomass potentials in the world by 2050?
- Which assumptions are underlying those supply and demand scenarios?
- Which technology trends will influence the supply situation the most?
- Using these scenarios for your company, association or NGO
Registration for the first “Biomass feedstocks today and in the future – going beyond food vs. fuel”, 30 June 2016, is now open at www.bio-based.eu/nova-sessions
The number of participants is limited to 20.
Source: nova-Institut GmbH, 2016-05-09.