Dear hemp expert, dear natural fibre expert!
We want to inform you about the next EIHA Conference.
The conference will again take place in the proven EuroMedia Hotel in Huerth/Germany. The event is limited to 80 participants due to the size of the room. Please register as soon as possible (on the left) and don’t forget to book your room in the conference hotel (see below)!
Looking forward seeing you in Huerth!
EIHA coordinator & managing director nova-Institut (www.nova-institut.de/nr)
ATTENTION: EIHA will be founded as an official association till the conference in november (informally, it exists since 2000) and it’ll be possible to apply for membership on the conference. An application form is in preparation.
November, 28th 2005, Conference 10:00-18:00, Dinner Buffet 19:00-24:00
November, 29th 2005, Conference 9:00-17:00
Conference Hotel EuroMedia Apart-Hotel
Germany, 50354 Hürth (near Cologne)
phone: +49 (0) 22 33 – 9 74 02 – 0
fax: +49 (0) 22 33 – 9 74 02 – 99
European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA), Internet: http://www.eiha.org
Michael Karus (EIHA Coordinator & Managing Director of nova-Institute) and Sven Ortmann (nova-Institute),
All participants – also the speakers – have to pay a participants’ fee of 200,00 EUR (including lunches, snacks and the dinner buffet) + 16% VAT.
Aim of the Conference
The aim of the conference is to bring together the leading hemp companies and institutes, to exchange recent information about markets and technologies, to get the business ahead and to start new projects!
Program & Speakers
- November, 28th (Monday):
- Michael Karus (EIHA, Germany): Opening of the conference & the foundation of EIHA as an official organisation
- New members are welcome now!
- Michael Karus (EIHA, Germany): Status and future of the worldwide hemp industry – cultivation, processing, applications and competition
- Maira Magnani (Ford Research Center GmbH, Germany): History, Status and Perspective of Natural Fibre Application in Ford Motor Co.
- Bernhard Scherübl (Rieter Automotive AG, Germany): Realization of natural fibre-reinforced plastics in automotive exteriors (compression-moulding process)
- Christian Brück (VALENTIN GmbH & Co. KG, Germany): Lightweight hemp board – production and marketing
- Norbert Eisenreich, Emilia Inone-Kauffmann (Fraunhofer ICT, Germany): Biocomposites: An Approach of Reinforced Engineering Plastics Completely Made from Natural Resources
- Jörg Morgner (TEMAFA, Germany) and Bernd Frank (Bafa, Germany): A well-proven hemp decortication line
- November, 29th (Tuesday):
- Sven Ortmann (nova-Institut, Germany): Price development of hemp and flax fibres and products, mineral oil and synthetic plastics
- Bernard Boyeux (BCB LHOIST, France): The value of hemp/lime concrete and mortars in an environmentally-sound construction
- L. Arnaud, D.Samri (Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat, France): Hygro-thermal behaviour of hemp concrete
- John Hobson (Hemcore Ltd, UK): An update on the Industrial Hemp Industry in the UK
- Marcel A.J. Toonen (Plant Research International – Wageningen UR, The Netherlands): Agronomic Characteristics and Texile Application of the Hemp Variety
- Hans-Jörg Gusovius (Technical University Cottbus, Germany): New highly effective hemp mowing device
All participants have to register before the conference! Registration will be possible soon. Registration is only possible on www.eiha.org/conference3rd/. Please register soon. The conference is limited to 80 participants!
The conference language will be English
Please book your hotel rooms very soon!
We have reserved rooms in the conference hotel EuroMedia, but the quantity of rooms is limited.
If you book a room in the conference hotel EuroMedia, please use the keyword “EIHA” for improved conditions!
Single room: 74,00 EUR
Double room: 94,00 EUR
Free parking space
You can also reach the EuroMedia Apart-Hotel by train very easily. The next train station is only 200 m away.
Source: nova-Institut GmbH vom 2005-10-31.