On Dec. 2nd to 3rd, the European lead congress for Wood Plastic Composites opens its doors for the third time in the Maritim Hotel in Cologne, Germany. Use this unique chance to learn everything about the WPC-sector and to meet leading experts from all over the world. The talks will be translated simultaneously (German – English and vice versa).
Congress Journal & Programme:
For two days, 30 invited speakers from industry and research report on the leading WPC-products in Germany and Europe, new processes and materials as well as current developments on international markets. Read already today the comments and summaries of the speakers in our Congress Journal.
More Top News:
- Leading Chinese companies will present latest trends and developments from the Chinese WPC-sector on December 3rd 2009 from 4:30 p.m. onwards.
- Already now, more than 280 participants from 22 countries are registered! In this way, the Third German WPC Congress has established itself as the lead congress in Europe.
- With 26 stands, the exhibition is nearly booked out.
- H. Hiendl GmbH & Co. KG: Assembly profile system made of the biomaterial Hiendl NFC®
- Qingdao HuaSheng Hi-tech Development Co., Ltd China: WPC thermal insulated siding
- Staedtler Mars & Co. KG: WOPEX® Pencil
The award show of the winners takes place on December 2nd, 2009, within the scope of the evening gala buffet (07:30 p.m.) at the Third German WPC Congress.
The following companies/institutes have booked a booth:
- BKG Bruckmann & Kreyenborg Granuliertechnik GmbH
- Deifel GmbH & Co. KG, Schweinfurt
- ENTEX GmbH, Bochum
- Farbenwerke Wunsiedel & MASTER TEC GmbH, Wunsiedel
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT, Oberhausen & Fraunhofer Institut für Holzforschung (WKI)
- Gala Kunststoff- und Kautschukmaschinen GmbH, Xanten-Birten
- Greiner Extrusion GmbH
- Harburg-Freudenberger Maschinen GmbH
- Harold Scholz & Co. GmbH, Recklinghausen
- H. Hiendl & Co. KG, Bogen-Furth
- Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH, Linz/Österreich
- Kosche Profilummantelung GmbH
- Krauss Maffei Technologie GmbH
- Lenzing AG
- NATURinFORM GmbH, Redwitz a. d. Rodach
- nova-Institut GmbH
- Performance-Additives Sdn.Bhd., Malaysia
- Plasmatreat GmbH
- Reed Exhibitions Deutschland GmbH
- Reifenhäuser GmbH & Co. KG, Troisdorf
- Reimelt Henschel MischSysteme GmbH, Kassel
- Struktol Co. of America
- W & R PLASTICS B.V.
- Wöhler Brush Tech GmbH, Bad Wünnenberg
- WPC Innovation Award 2009
In addition, we would like to thank our partners AVK, european bioplastics, Dr. Hans Korte, Fraunhofer UMSICHT, Fraunhofer WKI, Kunststoffland NRW, HDH, pro-K, 6th China Int. Wood & Wood Products Expo, Omnexus, Stiftung Arbeit und Umwelt, TCKT and the University of Hamburg.
We are pleased about the reporting of our media partners JEC Composites, bioplastics MAGAZINE, Branchenführer Innovative Biowerkstoffe (BIB 2010), Composite Materials, www.derewo.ru, EUWID Holz, forum Nachhaltig Wirtschaften, GoforWood.info, Holz-Zentralblatt, Plasticker, Spektrum der Wissenschaft, VM Verlag GmbH and the news portal www.nachwachsende-rohstoffe.info.
WPC in brief
WPC or “Wood Plastic Composites” are composites that are typically made from wood flour (up to 80%) and plastics such as polypropylene or polyethylene plus additives like adhesive agents, UV-protectors and pigments. The most important market for WPC are deckings, where WPC currently hold a market share of about 6%, with a high potential for growth, especially as a substitute for tropical wood. A significant rise has also taken place in applications for the furniture industry where for example several chairs and shelving systems are available already.
The production in Europe has now grown to 120.000 t/a in the building and furniture industry alone, plus 50.000 t per year for use in the automotive industry. This makes WPC one of the most important and successful new biomaterials. Leading WPC-producing countries and regions are Germany, Austria, The Benelux and Scandinavia.
Reifenhäuser GmbH & Co. KG (Troisdorf) & Openhouse event
Reifenhäuser GmbH & Co. KG, premium sponsor of the Third German WPC Congresses, invites to the openhouse event and to the workshop on December 1st, 2009, 01:00-05:00 pm, at Reifenhäuser in Troisdorf.
We are looking forward to welcome you in December 2009 in Cologne / Germany!
Your nova congress-team
Michael Carus (managing director)
Dominik Vogt and Martina Kolarek (congress management)
All information regarding the congress can be found at www.wpc-kongress.de.
Tel.: 0049-2233-48 14 49
E-Mail: [email protected]
Tel.: 0049-30-61 65 57 57
E-Mail: [email protected]
50354 Hürth, Germany
Fax: 0049-2233-48-14 50
Source: nova-Institut GmbH, 2009-11-26.