The Think Biobased Challenge invites you, a European College or University student, to design Biobased educational material that students will never forget.
Help creating a better environment and win prizes just by doing so!
We are all on the verge of a transition to a world in which we want and need to be less dependent on fossil raw materials. In the transition to this world, we aim for an economy that runs on biomass as a raw material.
For this transition to a Biobased Economy we need brilliant minds in the future. The road there already starts in primary education (9-12 years old), secondary education (13-16 years old) and secondary vocational education (17-22 years old).
You are an European College or University student and we challenge you to develop innovative teaching materials that can be used to draw attention to the Biobased Economy. Not in a boring lesson, but in such a way that this learning experience can always stay with you. How cool is it when students throughout Europe get to work with a Biobased Lesson that you have created? Moreover, a total prize money of € 9.000,- will be divided among the best entrants!
The teaching material:
- will be immediately usable in education (primary or secondary education, or secondary vocational education),
- stimulates awareness about Biobased thinking and doing among young students,
- is realized in English and in your own language (if that is not English),
- will be judged by an international jury consisting of subject experts.
- are a College or University student (you can also participate as a group of students),
- live and study within Europe,
- feel connected to biobased thinking and doing.
After reading the above, ideas are already bubbling up inside you. No worries, you can begin right away! Just follow the steps:
- Read the full Rules and Regulations
- Use the lesson format to get you started
- Register in our Canvas environment and enroll in our MOOC Think Biobased
- Once registered and enrolled, go to the Think Biobased Challenge module and hand in your submission
- In any case, hand in your submission until 1 February 2019.
If you have questions you can mail them to Monique Bakker and we will get back to you as soon as possible.