What is the European Bioeconomy Network?
Promoted by the BIOVOICES project and launched in May 2018, the European Bioeconomy Network (EuBioNet) is a proactive alliance of EU funded projects dealing with Bioeconomy promotion, communication and support.
The main goal of the European Bioeconomy Network is to maximise the efforts, increasing the knowledge sharing, networking, mutual learning, coordination of joint activities and events.
What is the mission of the European Bioeconomy Network?
- increase the awareness of Sustainable Circular Bioeconomy in Europe
- stimulate the debate, knowledge sharing and mutual learning to address bioeconomy
- related challenges and opportunity
- identify impact-oriented strategies to boost the sustainable circular bioeconomy in Europe
- facilitate networking among stakeholders
- strength the role of the European Commission in supporting the sustainable circular
- bioeconomy uptake
Who are the European Bioeconomy Network partners?
Promoted by BIOVOICES project, the European Bioeconomy Network counts now 21 formal partners and we are growing!
The European Bioeconomy Network partners benefit from the mutual promotion of outcomes, new partnerships, joint event planning and knowledge sharing.
The www.eubionet.eu website aggregates the knowledge generated during the projects and facilitates the design and implementation of common activities. There is a private area for the members to discuss ideas, upload events and contact the other partners.
What are the first outcomes?
Thanks to the EuBioNet facilitation, a number of joint activities and events took place and are planned for the next months:
- Increased awareness of other project’s focus and results
- Networking among partners (including participation to new calls together)
- Co-organisation of events (Maker Faire, Bioeconomy Village, MMLs)
- Host exhibitors in events (Maker Faire, Researchers’ Night, Bioeconomy Village,
- Bioeconomy corner at the Sustainable and circular Bioeconomy, the European way)
- Involvement of other members as experts/speakers (Workshops, Advisory boards, conferences, webinars)
- Promotion of events and activities organised by other members
- Dissemination of other members’ project’s results
The European Commission recognize the importance of the European Bioeconomy Network! The update of the Bioeconomy Strategy mentions the network on page 84, 85 and 86 as a key player for promoting and communicating bioeconomy.
How to be part of the European Bioeconomy Network?
The membership if free of charge.
The partners are requested to sign a collaboration framework, declaring their commitment in collaborating proactively with the other partners.
EUBIONET – European Bioeconomy Network contact
E-Mail: [email protected]