A report on wood-based refinery, titled A Bio-solution to Climate Change has been published by a Taskforce on Biorefinery of the European Forest-Based Sector Technology Platform (FTP). The group, chaired by Marco Mensink of the European Council of Real Estate Professions (CEPI), has had the aim to create a network of leading forest-based sector experts within the domain of wood-based biorefinery.
The report describes the status of biorefinery in Europe and suggests five main directions for future research. These directions are:
- selective and efficient separation and conversion processes;
- biorefinery as source for wood-based solid and liquid biofuels;
- recycled fibre biorefinery;
- above-sector synergies with the agricultural and chemical sector and
- socio-economic impacts of biorefinery development.
(Cf. news of 2006-10-31.)
Source: European Forest-Based Sector Technology Platform (FTP), newsletter, 2007-05-29.