Have a look at the exciting programme of the 9th International Conference on Bio-based Materials! The highlights of the conference are polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) and lignin utilisation. The Innovation Award “Bio-based Material of the Year 2016” will also be a big draw at the event. Don’t miss the approaching deadline! Producers and inventors of innovative bio-based materials are invited to hand in their application until February 8, 2016.
Policy and markets
- Dr. Rina Singh, Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), USA: What are the Policy Drivers which impact Renewable Chemical Technologies?
- Dr. Harald Kaeb, narocon Innovation Consulting, DE: Consumption of biodegradable plastics in Europe: Drivers and Trends
- Michael Carus, nova-Institut GmbH, DE: Technical, economic and market data on bio-based economy – highlights of nova research in 2015/16
New bio-based building blocks
- Doris de Guzman, Tecnon OrbiChem Ltd., UK: Latest development of bio-based building blocks, status and outlook
- Dr. Thomas J. Farmer, University of York, UK: New bio-based building blocks vs. drop-in solutions – utilizing the full potential of functionalized platform molecules
- Jarno Dakhorst, Harmen Willemse, NEN, NL: Tools for demonstrating sustainable sourcing of biomass for bio-based materials and the determination of the bio-based content
- Jukka Kantola, NISCluster, FI
- Niklas von Weymarn, Metsä, FI: Bioproduct mill – A next generation biorefinery in Finland
Building blocks and polymers
- Thibaud Caulier, Solvay, BE: Solvay Epicerol®: sustainable bio-based building block for reducing the environmental impact of products
- Dr. Ir. Hans Hoydonckx, TransFurans Chemicals bvba, BE
- Eric Fautz, ALBIS PLASTIC GmbH, DE: Cellulose esters – Properties, Markets and Applications
- Prof. Jan Ravenstijn, Jan Ravenstijn Consulting, NL: The state-of-the-art of the PHA platform
- Bioplastech, IRL
- Kaneka, JPN
- Prof. Dr. Antje Potthast, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, AT: Status and outlook of lignin utilisation
- Dr. Ewellyn Capanema, Renmatix, Inc., USA: Omno Polymers: Production and Application
- Dr. Eddie Peace, West Fraser Mills, CA: Application development of a commercial lignin facility
- Dr. Jacco van Haveren, Wageningen UR, NL: Bio-based aromatics from lignin and furans
Innovation Award “Bio-based Material of the Year 2016″
For the ninth year running, the Innovation Award “Bio-based Material of the Year” will be granted to the young, innovative bio-based chemicals and materials industry for finding suitable applications and markets for bio-based products. The focus of the award is on new developments within these areas, which had been launched in 2015 or will be launched in 2016. Producers and inventors of innovative bio-based materials are invited to hand in their application until February 8, 2016.
Please contact: Florence Aeschelmann, [email protected]
Exhibition booths are free for registered participants!
Please contact: Dominik Vogt, [email protected]
More information at http://www.bio-based.eu/conference.
Source: nova-Institut GmbH, 2015-01-18.