At Chinaplas 2013, PolyOne Corporation, a premier global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions, is showcasing a host of innovative polymer services and solutions to help customers reach new markets, achieve sustainability goals and improve profitability.
Chinaplas is Asia’s largest plastics industry trade show, and is regarded as one of the most influential plastics exhibitions in the world. Held annually, this event has helped to accelerate the growth of plastics-intensive markets in Asia for the past 30 years.
“In addition to launching InVisiO services, an exciting new color and design service, this year’s exhibit will feature reSound biopolymers for durable goods, new GLS TPE formulations for automotive HVAC systems, ColorMatrix additive solutions for PET packaging, and a host of other innovative polymer solutions for the healthcare, electronics and wire and cable markets,” said Mark Crist, vice president of Asia, PolyOne Corporation.
Technologies on display this week in booth 11.2E21 at Chinaplas include:
Color Design and Inspiration Services:
- InVisiOSM Color and Design Services, a first-of-its-kind offering that supports color and product development from concept to reality. Tailored to private labels and brand owners, InVisiOSM helps brand managers and designers evaluate color and design alternatives to accelerate and streamline the entire product development process, strengthen brand equity and build marketplace excitement.
Sustainable Solutions for Durable Goods:
- reSound™ biopolymer, based on bio-derived polymers and engineering thermoplastics, was recently selected by Xindao, a Dutch firm with design and manufacturing resources in China, to increase the sustainability of its new Sunshine Solar Charger and Brolly umbrella products, which will be on display.
Specialty Automotive Materials:
- Comprehensive solutions that reduce weight and improve operational efficiency in LED lighting and accessory applications
- Custom TPEs that boost performance for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Metal replacement solutions that foster greater sustainability by removing weights
- Amosorb™ concentrates and higher-performing Amosorb™ SolO2 concentrates are active oxygen scavengers, developed to provide product protection and extend shelf life of oxygen sensitive beverages and foods packaged in PET.
Heat Dissipation Technology for Electronics:
- Therma-TechTM thermally conductive polymers for LED lighting applications reduce weight and dissipate heat
- Geon™ HC Rigid Molding Material for increased chemical resistance to harsh disinfectants compared to common medical device housing materials such as ABS, PC/ABS, PC/PBT and PC/PET
- NEU™ catheter formulations for better performance, processability, part quality and appearance for minimally invasive surgical catheter
PolyOne Corporation, with 2012 revenues of $2.9 billion, is a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. The company is dedicated to serving customers in diverse industries around the globe, by creating value through collaboration, innovation and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Guided by its Core Values, Sustainability Promise and No Surprises PledgeSM, PolyOne is committed to its customers, employees, communities and shareholders through ethical, sustainable and fiscally responsible principles.
Source: PolyOne, press release, 2013-05-19.