Each month we review the latest announcements and news from across the global biofuels market. This service is exclusively for our business members.
This months highlights include:
- Biofuels accounted for 3.5% of energy used in UK road transport in 2011
- New Defra report – Can biofuels policy work for food security?
- BP Alternative Energies will focus on wind and biofuel in wake of solar exit
- BP launches “game changing” biofuels at London Olympics
- Filipino vegetable oil shortage looms
- $62 million Government funding for advanced biofuels in US
- INEOS Bio complete build of Florida bioethanol plant
- Aemetis announces acquisition of Cilion and California ethanol plant
- DYADIC demonstrate new cellulosic biofuels enzyme
- OMV and BDI open first of its kind wood to diesel pilot plant in Austria
- Gevo and Beta Renewables sign agreement to develop integrated process for cellulosic isobutanol
- Sundrop licenses ExxonMobil tech for waste to biomethanol plant
- Solazyme inaugurates algal biorefinery
- British Airways first-of-its-kind waste to jet fuel project finds technology provider
- South African Airways aims for 50 per cent biofuel by 2020
Source: NNFCC, 2012-08-03.