At K2019, Palsgaard (Hall 7, level 1 / D20) will be presenting its portfolio of additive solutions for a wide range of polymer applications. Among the company’s offerings are its Einar additive line, a food-grade and food-approved family of additives sourced from sustainably produced vegetable oils.
Designed to allay growing consumer concerns about harmful additives in plastics and packaging, the Einar product range is not only safe: rigorous testing has shown that Einar products perform as well as, or better than, fossil-based alternatives.
Explaining that safety and sustainability are now two of the most important concerns for the polymer industry, Christina Normann
Christensen, Product & Application Manager for non-food at Palsgaard said that “The good news, both for business and the environment, is that these challenges can be addressed by using plant-based, food-grade solutions”.
She added:“At K 2019 we’ll be demonstrating that anti-fogs, anti-statics and dispersing aids can be safe enough to eat. Furthermore, using food-grade solutions doesn’t mean sacrificing on quality – in fact they commonly outperform fossil-based alternatives.”
Solutions on show at K 2019 will include:
- Anti-fogs, including Einar 1122, a new water-based solvent-free dispersion of food-grade additives. Ideal for stretched polyolefin and polyester films, it delivers anti-fogging performance at low coating concentrations and compares well with competing products;
- Anti-statics, including Einar 601, an amine-free solution for anti-static protection in polyethylene (PE) applications;
- Mould release solutions, including Einar 201, a reliable general-purpose mould release and de-nesting additive for PP applications;
- Dispersing aids, including Einar 101, which disperses pigments more effectively than industry-standard waxes;
- Coating additive blends for EPS, including Einar 543 and Einar 544, which offer a very convenient way to apply EPS coatings. These all-in-one solutions, complete with zinc stearate, eliminate the need to handle several different individual products. The complete coating formulation is an easy-to-use, pre-blended formulation offering easy dosing and accuracy, better and faster handling, and options for additive inventory optimization.
As well as being highly efficient and cost-effective, all the products are produced in Palsgaard’s CO2-neutral facilities.