After the positive feedback and high attendance of last year’s JEC end-users forums, the JEC Group has decided to schedule 6 forums during the 2007 JEC Composites Show in Paris (April, 3-4-5).
“For several years now, the end-users forums have been a source of key information on new composites uses for professionals attendees. They encourage dialogue between industrialists and end-users in six major sectors where composites materials are increasingly used.” reported Patrice Sinthon, JEC Group Marketing & Communications Manager.
The forums are based on case studies and talks from more than 50 internationally-renowned specialists with Research, Design, Engineering and Manufacturing backgrounds. They give access to strategic information on trends, innovation and outlooks in the following sectors: Marine, Biocomposites, Automotive, Construction, Aeronautics and Land Transport, and allow attendees to benchmark during 2.5 hours in their sector or in a potential sector. The Biocomposites Forum, to be held at 2.30pm on April 3rd, is being run in partnership with the Sixth Framework European Project Biocomp, of which NetComposites is a partner.
The European funded (FP6) project BIOCOMP aims to develop high performance engineering composites materials made entirely from renewable resources. These bio-composites are composed of bio-derived resins reinforced by natural fibres and address the issue of environmental sustainability and technical suitability for future consumer and engineering products. The aim is to have these new composites competing with synthetic composites in terms of performance and price in order to promote uptake in mass market commercial environments.
The programme covers:
- 1. Engineering thermoplastic biocomposites by Mr. Helmut Nagele from Tecnaro GmbH (Germany)
- 2. Guidelines from mechanical design with biocomposites by Mr. Bo Madsen from Riso National Laboratory (Denmark)
- 3. Testing, treatment and processing of fibres presented by Mr. Roberts Joffe, Division of Polymer Engineering at Lulea University of Technology (Sweden)
- 4. Biomass based thermoset furan resin systems by Mr. Hans Hoydonckx from Transfurans Chemicals Bvba (Belgium)
- 5. Development of a new composite material based on natural fibres and a thermoset by Mr. Günter Wuzella, Project Manager at Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH (Austria)
- 6. New applications in the wood-plastics composites sector: the French example presented by Mr. Stéphane Laurent – WPC Manager at Rettenmaier France (France)
This year 5 other forums will be also be organised during the JEC Composites Show
Marine Forum: April 3rd, 2007, 10.30am – 1.00pm
“Proceeding in marine industry : Materials – design – Production – Technology”
Automotive Forum: April 4th, 2007, 10.30am – 1.00pm
“Composites solutions to meet new automotive functions in a competitive way : Today’s and tomorrow’s materials – New innovative applications – Expected trends”
Construction Forum: April 4th, 2007, 2.30pm – 5.00pm
“Construction and composites : no limits for innovation. Industry, Civil Engineering, Building solutions – Composites & corrosion – Composites for better living”
Aeronautics Forum: April 5th, 2007, 10.30am – 1.00pm
“The numerical tools available for the aeronautical industry : Best practices and materials behaviour – Reducing defects and cycle times – Enterprise manufacturing – Intelligence – Eco-design”
Land Transport Forum: Thursday, 30 March, 2.30pm – 5.00pm
“Innovative composite applications in land transport : materials and processes – Performances – Applications : bus / truck / trailer”
The full programme of the 2007 forums is available online.
Source: NetComposites, 2007-02-26.