Dear Network members, Dear Experts and Friends,
The FAO/ESCORENA Network got involved in the organization of the Kenaf Symposium in China, Beijing, May 12-14, 2003
We promised to circulate the symposium circular and attached registration form worldwide. We have got this information with a personal request from the organizer in the USA: Dr. Aimin Liu, Dept. of Agronomy and Plant Genetics, University of Minnesota
You are welcome to attend this event.
Beijing Friendship Hotel, Beijing, China
- The latest of kenaf applications in paper and pulp, automobile, construction, packaging, animal feed, and environmental cleaner, etc.;
- meet with kenaf experts, business developers from around the world;
- update of kenaf cultivation practice, harvesting and processing, mechanization, storage, new variety
- development, and biotechnology applications, etc.;
- kenaf fiber supply, quality standard, marketing and potential of kenaf industries;
- investment opportunities, international collaboration, and poverty alleviation, and kenaf and environments, policy making, and beyond.
The Symposium promotes kenaf production and utilization; brings together kenaf producers, researchers, industrial developers, investors and policy makers; and provides opportunities for agriculture to meet industry, R&D to meet commercialization, and West to meet East. The Symposium will feature the speeches and presentations on the most interesting topics about kenaf – a natural fiber for the future. The Symposium is supported by Beijing Department of Science and Technology and Co-organized by CCG International Beijing Association for Science and Technology Exchange, (BASTE)
- Beijing Department of Science and Technology
- Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- American Kenaf Society
- Japanese Kenaf Association
- Vision PaperSymposium Organization Committee
- Dr. Aimin Liu, Symposium Coordinator
- Mr. Jianming Gao, Director, BASTE
- Mr. Thomas Rymsza, President, Vision Paper, Director, American Kenaf Society
- Dr. Kazuhiko Sameshima, Professor, Kochi University, Director, Japanese Kenaf Association
- Prof. Heping Xiong, Director General, Institute of Bast Fiber Crops, CAAS, China
- Mr. Zhongjiang Xue, CCG International
Call for papers
While kenaf is the main theme of the Symposium, presentations on other natural fibers like jute, flax, and ramie, which will lead to similar industrial applications are also welcome. The Symposium is calling for oral and poster presentations on, but not limited to the following topics:
- industrial utilization of kenaf fibers;
- kenaf production, harvesting, processing, and mechanization;
- kenaf fiber supply, quality standard;
- commercialization and marketing of kenaf and products;
- business development and management of kenaf industry;
- international collaboration, poverty alleviation, investment opportunities;
- kenaf and environments and policy making, and others
The Symposium will be conducted in English and all Workshop papers and materials should be in English.
Deadline for submitting a one-page abstract of the presentation is January 31, 2003. The abstract should include title of presentation, names and affiliations of authors (underline the speaker), institutions, mailing and e-mail addresses.
The body of the abstract should not exceed one text page. Full papers for both oral and poster presentations, not exceeding 10 pages (8″x11″, double space) should be submitted before or during Symposium time to be included in the Proceedings. Submission by postal should include a hard copy and a soft file in MS Word. Submission by e-mail should be by a virus-free attachment in MS Word format.
Booth will be provided to exhibitors to promote their products and services at US$ 200 . Spaces will be provided to Members of Partnership Program with NO FEE. Exhibitors need to specify the product/service for display in the Registration Form in MS Word. Spaces are limited.
1. Historical and cultural tours of Beijing city will be organized at NO FEE (site admissions may apply) to registered participants.
2. A trip to the Great Wall will be organized at a fee of US$ 50 per person (admission not included) on May 15.
Space is limited. Please indicate on the Registration Form if interested in participating.
Under partnership program, companies have opportunities to promote their kenaf-related service and products, and show support to the kenaf industry. With financial commitment at three levels (Golden Fiber, $2.000; Silver Fiber, $1.000, and Green Fiber, $500), partners will benefit from advertising and expanding their services and products, exposing to the potential customers and members, and publicizing company image. Some benefits included:
- Use display booth for their products and services;
- Company name and logo displayed at meeting location;
- A full-page advertisement introducing company, products and services in conference-related publication, likeproceedings;
- Acknowledgment on the back cover of conference proceedings;
- Recognition in a special presentation during the opening session;
- Special name badge ribbon, etc.
A Registration Form in MS Word is attached. Registration need to be returned with payment via postal, fax, or e-mail by February 28, 2003 to avoid a late fee.
Refund will be given for cancellation received before March 21, 2003 with a processing fee of US$ 50.
a. Regular (in US$) $195 (late fee $50 applied if register after February 28, 2003)
b. Special Activities (fees do not include admissions as may be required)
- Culture tour of Beijing City, NO FEE
- Trip to the Great Wall $50 (May 15, 2003)
c. Product/Service Exhibition, $200 per booth. Spaces are provided at NO FEE for Member of Partnership Program.
d. Partnership Program (Golden Fiber, $2,000; Silver Fiber, $1,000; Green Fiber, $500) Please make payment in check or money order payable to: CCG International, Inc.
Mail Registration Form and payment to:
CCG International Inc.
5707 Deer Trail E.
Shoreview, MN 55126, USA
The Symposium will be held in the beautiful garden hotel, Beijing Friendship Hotel located in a convenient business and commercial district. A special rate will be posted in due course.
Please visit www.chinaconsultinginc.com for more details.
Submission of abstract and papers, or any inquiry about the Symposium should be sent to:
Dr. Aimin Liu
411 Borlaug Hall
Dept. of Agronomy and Plant Genetics
University of Minnesota
St. Paul, MN 55108, USA
Source: Pressemitteilung von Maria Mackiewicz-Talarczyk (FAO/ESCORENA Network Secretary) vom 2002-12-13.