Following the great success of the first interactive workshop on biomass feedstocks, nova Session will talk use of sugar and other crops for bio-based industries in Europe – after 2017 and beyond
The European Union is the world’s biggest producer of beet sugar and the principal importer of raw cane sugar for refining. The EU sugar market is regulated by production quotas, a minimum beet price and trade mechanisms. The last reform of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) decided to discontinue production quotas as of 2017 – changing the dynamic of a whole market.
This happening amongst continuing discussions about the use of food crops, ILUC factors, biomass availability and more is reason enough for us to get top experts at the table to exchange and discuss on these issues. Topics covered will be:
Food or non-food: Which agricultural feedstocks are best for industrial uses?
- Myths and facts about food and non-food crops for industry
- A differentiated approach to finding the most suitable biomass for industry
- What will happen after the end of the sugar regime in 2017?
- Environmental evaluation of different food and non-food crops
- Sustainability of food and non-food biomass
- How to shape good communication about the use of food-crops for chemicals and plastics between industry and the public?
- Telling a feedstock’s story
Biomass supply and demand scenarios until 2050
- How is biomass supply and demand balanced today?
- What are the biomass potentials in the world by 2050?
- Which assumptions are underlying those supply and demand scenarios?
- Which technology trends will influence the supply situation the most?
- Using these scenarios for your company, association or NGO
You can find the full programme and more at www.bio-based.eu/nova-sessions
The nova Session on biomass feedstocks today and in the future will take place on 8 September 2016 at the Conference Centre Airport Cologne/Bonn. The number of participants is limited (max. 20 people). Places will be offered on a ‘first-come – first-serve’ basis so we would advise you to register as soon as possible. www.bio-based.eu/nova-sessions/registration
Source: nova-Institut GmbH, 2016-07-20.