The global bio-based succinic acid market has been growing at a CAGR of 39% between 2014 and 2020, and it is expected to increase by 30% in the coming years. The demand for bio-based succinic acid is growing because of the multiple utilities of the product.
On recognizing the potential offered by bio-based succinic acid, the United States Department of Energy (DOE) has placed it among the leading 12 chemicals derived from biomass that can be used as a crucial building block in the production of a commodity, as well as in specialty chemicals.
Succinic acid constitutes an important intermediate chemical that finds application as a building block substance in the production of a variety of specialty and commodity chemicals, which are further utilized for an extensive array of applications, such as polymers, food, metals, pharmaceuticals, coatings, fibers, solvents, lubricating oils, diesel fuel oxygenates and cosmetics, among others. Succinic acid was earlier exclusively derived from petroleum but, current manufacturing procedures have commenced making use of renewable feedstock for deriving this vital platform chemical. This biological method of obtaining succinic acid is renewable, cost effective and eco-friendly and has a greater demand in the market.
Market Dynamics of the Global Bio-based Succinic Acid Market:
– The requirement for sustainable processes
– Increasing concerns and awareness of environmental issues
– Fast depleting fossil fuel reserves
– Low cost
– Use of the chemical in a wide range of applications
– Higher price of bio-based succinic acid
– Lengthy extraction process
The succinic acid is used in a wide range of applications, such as 1,4-butanediol, plasticizers, polyurethanes and thermoplastics. Combining succinic acids with 1,4-butanediol results in opening up innovative applications for green biopolymers such as polybutylene succinate (PBS) in biodegradable packaging films and disposable cutlery. The succinic acid market is segmented, based on application, into 1,4-butanediol & derivatives, cosmetics, de-icer solutions, food, pharmaceuticals, plasticizers, polyurethanes, resins, coatings, pigments, dyes & inks, solvents & lubricants and others.
The report offers an insight into the growth, forecast and market size of the global succinic acid market on the basis of geographical segmentation into Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. While Europe and North America hold the two largest market shares for Bio-Based Succinic acid, the growth is expected to be the fastest from Asia-Pacific because of the rapidly expanding markets of countries such as China and India.
Some of the key players in the global succinic acid market are:
– Anqing Hexing Chemicals Ltd
– BASF, Bio Amber Inc.
– DSM NV
– Myriant Corp.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
– Analysis for the global succinic acid market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
– Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
– Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
– Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
– Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global succinic acid market on both global and regional scale.
– A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
– A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
– Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.