After a successful launch at Bio-Based Live Europe in Amsterdam, the Bio-Based Innovations Awards land in San Francisco this September with the aim to reward North and South American innovators in this the bio-based field by offering two Awards. Plus giving all shortlisted companies VIP tickets to attend the event for free.
The entrants to the awards will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of this year’s European winners, Synbra and BioBTX. Peter Matthijssen, Commercial Manager, at Synbra Technology said of the awards: “We were very glad to receive recognition by the jury and win this award, which is a real motivator for all the people involved. We believe it will contribute to the success of BioFoam® in the market and hope that many more products will follow in the coming years.”
Alex Williamson, Managing Director of Bio-Based World News said about the awards: “These awards are important to highlight the innovation in this nascent industry. The more attention we can give to those doing great things in this industry, the more it will inspire others to work within the circular economy and to do wonders for the environment.”
Key information about the awards
Entrants to the awards can enter two separate categories:
Bio-Based Product of the Year
A product currently available to purchase in North, Central or South America and that is derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials and provides an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products. For the purpose of the awards, bio-based products do not include food, animal feed or fuel. The key is how the product improves on one derived from petroleum, sustainability is not enough, our judges will be looking for developments in price and quality.
Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year
An innovation involving a platform or intermediate chemicals derived from biomass feedstocks, used to produce other chemicals. It can be a breakthrough development, a new method of production, a smarter development or a new technique. The key is the innovation and the ability to display a benefit and progress for the industry long-term.
What is the criteria for entering?
· The product / innovation must have been sold or developed in the past 12 months and proof needs to be provided.
· The product / innovation must be developed in North, Central or South America and/or deployed in the North, Central or South America market.
· Only one entry per company per award.
· The judges’ decision is final.
What do the winners get?
Winning a Bio-Based World Innovation award will enhance your product or projects reputation and marketability plus deliver a message to the industry that you are a leader in bio-based innovation. In addition you receive…
· Media coverage on all Bio-Based World platforms.
· Exclusive editorial feature on Bio-Based World News.
· Editorial coverage in Bio-Based World Quarterly.
· Promotion to the Bio-Based World News community.
· Presentation of Award at Bio-Based Live (San Francisco, 26-27th September 2016)
· Promotion of winning entry at Bio-Based Live 2016 and opportunity to network with other innovators and showcase your innovation at an event attended by bio-based leaders from across the Americas and beyond.
· Announcement and press release through our external media partners.
· Right to use the Award in your own promotion and media.
How does the process work?
· Send a short abstract about the innovation (500 words maximum) to [email protected] feel free to include any relevant supporting images or videos.
· All entries will be thoroughly reviewed and a shortlist created.
· Winners will be selected by our international jury of independent industry experts.
· Deadline for entries: 2nd September.
· Shortlist announced: 9th September
· Winners announce and trophies given at 26th September in San Francisco at Bio-Based Live.
· James Iademarco, President, Strategic Avalanche LL
· Corinne Young, Chief Advocate, Re:Chem
· Joel A. Stone, ConVergInce Advisers
· Luke Upton, Editor, Bio-Based World News (Chair)
· … and more being confirmed shortly.