API Spa, is in the process of making significant investments in production machinery and R&D infrastructure.
In line with its corporate strategy for the next three years, the company has made the following investments:
- A new production line for Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) bringing the total number of lines to five and increasing production capacity by 25%
- 2 new lines for the production of Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE) and APINAT Bioplastics increasing production capacity by 15%
- An integrated system for automated packaging and palleting
- A new technologically advanced system of industrial SCALE-UP
- A new line dedicated to the production of MICRO-GRANULATED TPE and TPU
- A complete overhaul of the sample and masterbatch production departments so as to create lean processes and optimise production efficiency
As well as the above, construction of the new Research and Development labs and relative office space for technical staff is nearing completion, a project which will see overall R&D space increased by about 80%.
Source: API SpA, press release, 2011-12-11.